We show what is possible
The individual consultation of our customers is a central service for us. After all, we want to fulfil all wishes and specific requirements in the best possible way. In addition, we are happy to show what is possible and can often even be realized with a manageable budget.
Due to our great vertical range of manufacture — we produce more than 70 percent of all components at our Frankfurt site — we are not dependent on the specifications of suppliers. Many manufacturers, on the other hand, fall back on a limited standard selection and have to weigh up quality and price at the purchasing stage. Around 80 percent of all newly built elevators are therefore standard systems.
Thoma Aufzüge makes no compromises here. The use of high-quality components from our own production as well as from leading German manufacturers is a matter of course for us.
We always find a suitable solution
Our sales staff are experienced technicians and know what they are talking about. Material, dimensions, design, controls and technical equipment -.
we can fulfil almost any wish and show in detail what is possible.
That’s why a detailed consultation is particularly important to us. Here we can find out what the requirements and background are and draw up a needs analysis, followed by suitable recommendations.
We are also happy to discuss the modernization and retrofitting of existing systems, as we have a lot to offer in this area as well — even when it comes to elevators from other manufacturers. Because we almost always find a convincing solution.
More than 30.000 items are listed in our system
We have around 4,000 articles in stock in our warehouse, and in our ERP system we now manage more than 30,000 articles, including components from our suppliers and article variants. In addition, we have a number of special articles for old plants from various manufacturers.
We have decades of experience in the planning of special plants and can draw on a large number of examples in our digital archive.
The development of control systems is one of our core competences, which is why customers are also well advised here with individual solutions and special control systems.
After all, we not only manufacture all electronic components — we also create and maintain the software ourselves. With our in-house solutions, we can implement almost any special control system — including interfaces to other trades and other control systems.
We value close cooperation
For us, consulting begins in the quotation phase. After the order has been placed and everything important has been agreed, we initially hand over three to five drawings to our customers, including a plant drawing with shell details and technical specifications, a car drawing with dimensions and views, and a portal drawing with the enclosure frame and the external operating devices. Only when our customers approve these plans do we start further internal planning and subsequently production. In this way, we want to work as closely and transparently as possible with our customers right from the start and, in particular, ensure that our customers get exactly what they want.
Furthermore Thoma Aufzüge offers a wide range of consulting services:
- We prepare feasibility studies for existing elevator systems, for example if you are planning modernization or retrofitting.
- We check on site which modernization is technically possible and makes economic sense.
- We retrofit elevators to ensure compliance with the latest technical standards and regulations.
- We carry out risk assessments (GBU) and draw up concepts for adapting the operation of the elevator system to current technical standards.
- With elevator capacity calculations, we can precisely determine how many elevators are required at a given location.
- With the help of ride comfort measurements, we can very precisely check the quality of a system.
- In our company building, various installations are available for inspection, as well as numerous samples to present and coordinate design details.
- And in general we support our customers with all our competence in solving problems. Because that is actually what we enjoy the most.
By the way — what exactly means quality?
In elevator construction, quality is usually equated with customer satisfaction and is mainly described by the following performance characteristics:
- reliable, low-interference operation
- high driving comfort, stopping flush with the floor
- technically and organizationally high-quality order processing
- reliability and adherence to schedules
- low failure rate
- low downtime (over 99% availability)
- low follow-up costs
- fast, effective service in case of malfunctions
- emergency vehicles equipped with common spare parts to avoid multiple trips to the site
- large spare parts warehouse at headquarters to avoid long downtimes